Category Manager Tech Gadgets - m/f
B-t-b Consumer Products • 3+ years • Bachelor Commercial • Schiphol • Full-time
to join the team at an international market leader in B-t-B consumer products with headquarters near Schiphol Airport (Netherlands).
- Communicates and coordinates all phases of the development cycle as applies to duties and product development time and action of the product launch
- Analyzes and reports on sales and market trends. Reacts to these trends and applies the findings to development plans
- Ensures On time delivery of product and supporting product information to internal and cross-functional departments
- Conducts and communicates competitive analysis focused on key price points for all assigned brands/ categories
- Maintains sales and margin targets set for appointed categorie
- Directs timely execution of milestone events required to launch new products
- Develops and executes training/sales tools to assist sales force with information on new and existing product lines
- Partners with internal departments (planning, marketing, warehouse, decoration team, e.g.) to drive innovative product launches and meet all confirmed deadlines for each department.
- Adheres to product launch timeline and action plans
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Must have strong analytical skill set and ability to effectively analyze sales data
- Must have exceptional organizational skills
- Must be able to multi-task under stringent deadlines
- Self-directed, with ability to work independently
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Exceptional written, oral and presentation skills (English)
- Exhibit high levels of flexibility and professionalism in extremely fast-paced environment
- Ability to influence and work through cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Ability to contribute to the creative process with an interest in latest trends in fashion and technology.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, merchandising or related field.
- Three to five years' experience in product development, buying, brand management, merchandising, planning or other related field.
- Domestic and international travel is/may be required (Europe & Asia).